Signal boosters are becoming popular among people who regularly experience poor cell reception inside their homes, office, and vehicles. A signal booster is an electronic device capable of increasing the cell signal strength to a usable level and improves the cell reception inside your home, office, and cars.
It is very common to experience call drops or slow data speeds when you travel through remote areas in your car. For getting proper cell signals, you might try rolling down the windows, stopping the car, getting to higher ground, etc. If all of those fail, you can try an in-vehicle signal booster. It will ensure uninterrupted cellular service wherever you go.
Follow these steps to install a cell phone booster in your car.
Steps To Follow While Installing In-Vehicle Signal Booster
- Before you start installing all the major components of your in-vehicle signal booster, you need to do a soft installation first. The soft installation will give you an idea of where each of the components should go. It is also helpful in checking whether you have enough cable to connect the antennas to the amplifier unit.
- You need to find a perfect location for installing the amplifier unit. The amplifier unit is the most important component of the signal booster. Therefore, it should be placed in a safer location. The amplifier is usually installed under the seat or dash for saving space. You have to also consider how you are going to run the cables that are connected with the antennas.
- The outside antenna of the in-vehicle signal booster should be placed on the roof of your car. The roof is the ideal position for the outside antenna because it is the highest point of your car. When you install the outside antenna make sure that it is at least 12 inches away from all the other antennas for avoiding interference. Also, make sure to install the outside antenna in a vertical position to ensure better performance of the signal booster.
- The location you selected for the amplifier unit should be away from direct sunlight, heat, or moisture. Also, make sure that the location is near a power outlet. Connect the outside antenna of the signal booster to the amplifier unit using a coaxial cable.
- The next step in installing the inside antenna. It is recommended to mount the inside antenna in the middle of the car because it is an ideal spot. When you install it in the middle portion, the boosted cell signals will be distributed equally to all areas inside the car.